Yohans

Admin
Last Seen
09 Aug 2021
Topics
IGN
Yohans

Introduction

1.17 will bring a bunch of world generation changes to the game. This is why I want to bring up some points regarding the update that is planned to be released somewhere mid 2021 and the future of NautiCraft. 

As we know from the update to 1.16, updating the world already takes a long time. We've set a world border in place, but that hasn't really helped much as of yet. The world border wasn’t set at a good size to actually do what we wanted it to do; reduce world size. The world is already quite massive with a bunch of empty space. These empty chunks however also have to be converted when updating, and greatly increase the file size. Resetting the main world and respective dimensions would make the update to a new version way faster too, as not nearly as many chunks need to be converted.  Another big, perhaps more interesting point is that without resetting the world the new stuff will be harder to find. 

The reset will give us a chance to “start over” and fix some rookie mistakes that appeared on the first few days and had an impact up to this day.

The reset will give players a chance to start fresh. It opens a whole new exciting world with lots of new things to explore. We hope it will also combat people "getting bored" after a while because they already have the best gear, the best farms and the most amazing builds. 

What about your progress though, about the builds you spent hours on? We will be implementing a world with a bunch of builds made in each update, kind of like our own special capitol or museum. A world full of memories. You'll be able to request your build, part of your city,... to be moved there for safe keeping. This world will for ever be available live on the server and we will look in to putting it up for download. 

Questions & Answers

Please note that information may be incomplete as of now. We just want to be transparent and start giving out information as soon as possible, as we feel like a reset is quite a big deal and there is quite a lot of infromation to take in. Do you have a question unanswered? Just reply to this topic. (When we answer your question, we will delete it and add it here)
Click on a question here and jump to the answer:

What about the items and powerful gear I worked tirelessly to get?

How can I request my builds to be moved to the Museum world? 

When will the worlds be reset?

What will happen to my rank?

Are there any other changes planned?

Yohans · about 1 year ago · Last edited: 7 months ago
Yohans

Yohans

Admin
Last Seen
09 Aug 2021
Topics
IGN
Yohans

What about the items and powerful gear I worked tirelessly to get?

We’re allowing players to bring a limited amount of items across. Everyone is allowed to claim one vault room where items can be uploaded and saved. There are some limitations however;

• The amount of stuff you can upload, and save, is limited to the size of a small chest.
  • Your upload may contain one shulker box filled with items (and 2 additional empty boxes).
    You’re not allowed to upload diamonds or netherite ingots because these are unrenewable materials.
  • Beacons, spawners, spawn eggs are not allowed to be uploaded.
  • Look at /warp example for the stuff you can and can not bring!

We understand that it can be upsetting not being allowed to bring every single item across, but we want everyone to have equal chances when beginning in the new world. If staff feel like you are hoarding one specific type of items (example; OP tools) in order to profit from, these will be removed. 

If you’re unsure if your upload looks shady or contains any illegal items, contact a staff member for a check.

All uploads will be checked before you are able to collect them. If your upload contains an(y) illegal item(s), it will simply be removed by the staff. You will not be compensated for these items.

You can claim a vault chamber and start uploading items soon. Each time you press the button to save items your last copy will be overwritten. Visit the time vault at /warp tv

We advise you to make regular copies of your stuff in case you’re unexpectedly unavailable for a longer period of time and miss the upload window. If you can’t get online to make a copy in time, please contact me and we will try and work something out.

Yohans

Yohans

Admin
Last Seen
09 Aug 2021
Topics
IGN
Yohans

How can I request my builds to be moved to the Museum world? 

Right now we want to get The Capitol, our museum world, going. The Capitol is a world which will live on forever, through this reset and whatever the future may bring. It’s a place where your builds will be saved, showcased, visited and admired by players today and months from now. As the name suggests, The Capitol will be(come) the capitol of NautiCraft.

We expect at least a few of you want some build(s), towns, farms,… moved, so we would like to give everyone a decent chance of requestion buildings to be transferred.

In order to request a transfer to our museum world, please fill in the form linked at the end of this announcement. You’re allowed to request anything to be moved to The Capitol, big or small structures, if you are the owner of said build. You’ll be able to help guide where the build ends up, and your requests in the form will be satisfied, but ultimately staff will decide where the build will be located.

Staff are allowed to select what they see as memorable builds and move them to the museum world regardless. If you do not want your build to be transferred, for any reason whatsoever, you can also let us know in the form.

We will give you time untill the end of July to submit this form and request the transfer. We are planning to update around at the beginning of August. Anything beyond that is borrowed time!

If you have any questions regarding the movement process, feel free to contact Luckyskyblock or me. https://forms.gle/b6hZfha7sPMDrRMQ9

Yohans

Yohans

Admin
Last Seen
09 Aug 2021
Topics
IGN
Yohans

When will the worlds be reset?

The world will be reset only when all requirements for the update are reached. When all the requirements are met, the world will reset a few days later. 

We will update everyone live in the #announcements channel on our Discord server.

Make sure your have been uploaded before we get close to reaching our requirements.

Yohans · about 1 year ago · Last edited: about 1 year ago
Yohans

Yohans

Admin
Last Seen
09 Aug 2021
Topics
IGN
Yohans

What will happen to my rank?

Your ranks, both donator and base, will remain untouched. We might shuffle around a few permissions here and there, but ranks will remain the same.

Yohans · about 1 year ago · Last edited: about 1 year ago
Yohans

Yohans

Admin
Last Seen
09 Aug 2021
Topics
IGN
Yohans

Are there any other changes planned?

We are reworking the token system and hope to implement a nice alternative. This goes hand-in-hand with some other economy changes.